Helpful Plumbing Hints
- Never pour liquid grease down your kitchen drain. Before washing pots and pans you should wipe them out with a paper towel.
- To eliminate foul odors in your garbage disposal, place ice cubes and lemon peels in the disposal and run for about 30 seconds, then rinse with cold water.
- Tubs and showers should be fitted with a strainer that catches hair and soap chips. You should also clean the strainer regularly.
- To remove unsightly mineral deposits on your shower head, put one cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the shower head. Hold it in place with a twist tie and let stand overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and the mineral deposits should come off by wiping with a damp cloth.
- To test for silent leaks in your toilet tank, place 12 drops of green food coloring into your toilet tank and leave for 15 minutes. If the dye appears in the bowl, you may need to change the ball or flapper valve. If there is no dye in the toilet bowl then your toilet tank is leak free.
- It is extremely important to know the location of the main water shut off valve in the house. Find it now so you're prepared to shut it off fast if a pipe breaks or the water heater bursts. If located in a locked closet or shed area, make sure a key is readily available.
- To prevent excessive watering of your lawn in the summertime, purchase an inexpensive spring-loaded timer which attaches directly to your outside faucet. This will prevent over-watering in case you forget to shut off the sprinkler.
- Water pressure in your home above 80 pounds per square inch is harmful to your plumbing system and will cause excessive water usage. Contact your local water authority to find out what the water pressure is on your street. If it exceeds 60 pounds, consider installing a pressure reducing valve that will limit the water pressure within your home.
Why Choose Us?
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- No Extra Charge For Nights, Weekends, and Holidays
- Free Estimates
- Fully Insured, Licensed and Bonded
- No Commissioned Technicians
- Competitive Pricing - We'll Give You The Price Before We Start
Ask About Our Specials!
We'll be happy to discuss the services we offer and answer any questions you have.
13106 Lookout Ridge
San Antonio, TX 78233